Respekt gegenüber Religion

Respekt gegenüber Religion

Beitragvon Max » So 5. Nov 2006, 14:51

Ich möchte hier folgendes Zitat von Douglas Adams aus The God Delusion zur Diskussion stellen.

Religion...has vertain ideas at the heart of it which we call sacred or holy or whatever. What it means, is 'Here is an idea or a notion that you´re not allowed to say anything bad about; you´re just not. Why not? - because you´re not!' If somebody votes for a party that you don´tagree with, you´re free to argue about it as much as you like; everybody will have an argument but nobody feels aggrieved by it. If somebody thinks taxes should go up or down you are free to have an argument about it. But on the other hand if somebody says 'I mustn´t move a light switch on Saturday', you say, 'I respect that.'
Why should it be that it´s perfevtly legitimate to support the Labour party or the Conservative party, Republicans or Democrats, this model of economies versus that, Macintosh instead of Windows - but to have an opinion about how the niverse began, about who created the Universe...no, that´s holy? ... We are used to not challenging religious ideas but it´s very interesting how much of a furore Richard creates when he does it! Everybody ggets absoutely frantic about it because you´re not allowed to say these things. Yet when you look at it rationally there is no reason why those ideas shouldn´t be as open to debate as any other , except that we have agreed somehow between us that they shouldn´t be.
Max

Beitragvon TeapotTheist » Do 30. Nov 2006, 12:53

Sam Harris hat vielleicht noch weniger Respekt als Dawkins. Er ist auch ein toller Redner - siehe "Idea City’05 Conference - 2005" auf folgender Seite: http://www.samharris.org/site/media_video/
TeapotTheist

Beitragvon Klaus » Do 30. Nov 2006, 20:14

Stimmt Harris geht die Sache lockerer und respektloser an, finde ich auch. Und IdeaCity ist ja auch ein Glanzstück der Argumentation.
Klaus

Zurück zu Religion & Spiritualität